[OM] Re: Darkroom (was: e-1 on craigs list is gone)

Subject: [OM] Re: Darkroom (was: e-1 on craigs list is gone)
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 20:58:02 +1000

> Don't start looking at used darkroom equipment or you may
> find yourself to
> be "hunting and gathering."  You can probably get a darkroom
> outfitted with
> top of the line professional equipment for somewhere in the
> range of  $2,000 to
> $3,000.  That might include stainless sinks, archival  washes, drying
> cabinets/screens, good enlarger, lenses, easels, pro lab safe
>  light, etc.
>
> This warning comes from one who is currently doing the "hunting  and
> gathering."  I'll pick up two stainless sinks, filtration
> unit,  drying rack, trays,
> etc. this week.  Figure most will be  between fetched for
> somewhere around
> 10-25% of cost new.

He's right Marc, take a look at this (just hitch it onto the Porsche):

Mobile Darkroom 16' Van   A unique item. This is a purpose-built
photographic darkroom that was constructed as a cross between a caravan and
a mobile site shed. It has an all-aluminium exterior with no windows. Inside
it has a full height ceiling and is over 2m wide and 5m long! If you are
into cameras; Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sigma, Olympus, Fuji, Rollei, Mamiya,
Hasselblad, Kodak, Ilford, Minolta, enlargers, film processing, developing
or photography in general, then you will find this a compelling item. Sale
will go to BEST OFFER, with price shown as a GUIDE ONLY. Contact to
discuss., good $5,000.00 paulhogie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx WODEN 0410-57 5557 or
02-6286 1128

STATE: ACT    FIRST PUBLISHED: 28 May 2007
SOURCE: Private Classifieds (Weekly Trading Post (Sydney))