[OM] Heading north (was: Darkroom)wry

Subject: [OM] Heading north (was: Darkroom)wry
From: "Marc Lawrence" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 22:03:59 +1000
> > I wrote:
> > Marc (who is temporarily "retired" since the end of May)
> > Sydney, Oz (soon to change)
> Moose asked:
> Where 'ya headed, bunkie?

I'm headed north, about 1000km, into the southern part of one
of our northern states, Queensland, to a little seaside shanty
town by the name of "Noosa Heads" to be precise:

http://tinyurl.com/2dozop

'Tis beachy and warm and swimmable in our mid-winter, and nicely
tropical in summer (and autumn and spring).

It's still unknown whether I'll be: working again in a job that
is not so career-oriented; semi-retired with perhaps some odd
contract work; or just becoming a "kept man" (which is nice work
if you can get it).

I may embark on a path of "self-improvement" of a literary or
photographic bent (perhaps bending the ear of some fine folk
here known to be experienced in either or both ;-) ) and also
...well, let's call it "self-enlightenment" or "self-awareness"
(with the irony that I'll hopefully pull off living a little
*less* in the "self"ishness and self-indulgent melancholy of
my own private universe). I'm buggered if I know what path a
bloody-minded atheist can take towards the latter though.

It's big for me, as I fear change, and my hermit shell might
be cold and dank but the overwhelming introvert in me knows
it intricately and intimately and says "but it's *my* cold
and dank, and it's where I keep all my stuff".

Whoops, I went on a bit (so unlike me, huh? ~wry smile~).

Simple answer: "Noosa Heads, a 1000km north, give or take".

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz