[OM] Re: Medium Format

Subject: [OM] Re: Medium Format
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 08:15:02 -0700
I would say that most are just film conservative or are waiting for
an affordable medium format digital camera.

Someone did a pretty good image comparison between a Mamiya 7 and a
12MP Nikon D2X and yes, the medium format was better, but I think
that the differences were so slight as to be irrelevant in choosing
which camera to use. That was between a better 6x7 camera and a
reduced format DSLR. I think that if you are going to significantly
improve on the current crop of high MP DSLRs you are going to have to
go the big bucks way to large format or to medium format digital.

The pleasures of playing with a medium format film camera is another
issue.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA