[OM] Walt Wayman makes his transition 07/15/07

Subject: [OM] Walt Wayman makes his transition 07/15/07
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 14:56:18 EDT
Walt passed away peacefully this morning.  Since leaving the hospital  and
going to hospice, all the tubes and other intrusions had been removed from  his
body and he was no longer restrained to prevent their removal.  He was  able
to eat some real food a day or two ago.  I am assuming most would  consider
scrabbled eggs and grits to be real food . . . it certainly is to  a good
southern boy.  It was in this environment that Walt had some of your  words
read to
him and had the opportunity to speak fondly of his many  friends on the OM
mailing list.  His friends and family asked me to convey  to the list what an
important part each of you have been to Walt these past few  years and the past
few weeks.  We were the people he chose to hang out with  . . . we were his
friends.

In keeping with his wishes, no funeral is planned.  In the event of a
memorial service the list will be notified, however I suspect that is also
something he would just as soon pass on.

Good bye, old friend.

Bill Barber