[OM] This had me thinking a bit about Walt and what he meant to this lis

Subject: [OM] This had me thinking a bit about Walt and what he meant to this list
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:03:25 EDT
A photographer/artist/writer friend of mine writes a weekly news letter. It
is usually just two or three short paragraphs.  What follows is the one  which
arrived last night.  The sharing of self he speaks of is a large part  of how
Walt touched each of us.  Bill Barber

 Listen to Life
Wisdom in Life's Stories
July 15,  2007

A free newsletter about learning and getting more from life by  paying
attention to our own stories and the stories of others, based on the
presentations,
writings, photography and workshops by Dion McInnis  (www.dionmcinnis.com).
Copyright 2007 Dion McInnis.  All rights  reserved.

Check out my new blog at  dionmcinnis.blogspot.com for poetry, rambles and
musings

MIRRORS

Sometimes a comment  from someone you barely know can penetrate with its
clarity, so much so that to  disregard the observation would be at your own
loss.

She is a  photographer from 1000 miles away and receives this newsletter
weekly.   After having been on the subscription list for less than two months,
she
 responded to one issue with "The passage of time seems to be very important
to  you."  That simple statement hit me like a lightning bolt.  That fact
permeates everything from my speeches to my poetry to the stories I share with
my sons to the very reason I do the art that I do.

It pays to  allow a little bit of yourself to be shared with others.  Carl
Rogers, the  great psychologist, said that the things that we feel are so deep
inside that  others could not understand are actually the things that connect
us as human  beings.  In his book, "Becoming a Person," he addresses what he
calls  "speaking deeply" of the emotions and feelings deep inside.  True, but I

believe that on a more practical basis, if we simply share who we are, what
we  believe and why we do in each moment, others will see, notice and possibly
hold  a mirror up for us.  Thank goodness for the mirrors in our  lives.

Listen to Life is an electronic newsletter that presents  lessons for living
by listening to life, based on the writing, poetry,  photography,
presentations and workshops of Dion McInnis.   Stories  such as these inspired
the book,
"Listen to Life:  Wisdom in Life's  Stories," published in 2005, available at
Barnes and Noble, Amazon and  Borders.  Dion's next book will share his views
of being father and  son.

To subscribe, send an email to:
addnewsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To be removed from the subscription list, send email  to:
Web link: www.dionmcinnis.com

(c)  2007 Dion McInnis. All rights reserved.
We encourage sharing Listen to Life  in whole or in part if copyright and
attribution are always  included.