[OM] Re: This had me thinking a bit about Walt and what he meant to this

Subject: [OM] Re: This had me thinking a bit about Walt and what he meant to this list
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 07:41:58 -0500
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
> A photographer/artist/writer friend of mine writes a weekly news letter. It
> is usually just two or three short paragraphs.  What follows is the one
> which
> arrived last night.  The sharing of self he speaks of is a large part  of how
> Walt touched each of us.  Bill Barber
>

> It pays to  allow a little bit of yourself to be shared with others.  Carl
> Rogers, the  great psychologist, said that the things that we feel are so
> deep
> inside that  others could not understand are actually the things that connect
> us as human  beings.  In his book, "Becoming a Person," he addresses what he
> calls  "speaking deeply" of the emotions and feelings deep inside.  True, but
> believe that on a more practical basis, if we simply share who we are, what
> we  believe and why we do in each moment, others will see, notice and
> possibly
> hold  a mirror up for us.  Thank goodness for the mirrors in our  lives.

Exactly. And that's what I really like about this family as a whole -
we're scattered all over the globe, but when we meet here in this
"living room", we feel like we know each other.  I hope that "vibe"
never stops.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon