[OM] A message from Walt's friend

Subject: [OM] A message from Walt's friend
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:13:06 EDT
This is the person with whom I've been in contact.  Please feel free  to
contact him and Walt's family through him.  Bill Barber

Hello to the OM list.....

My name is Mac McCauley, and I was Walt Wayman's best friend for over 20
years.  His family and I are very saddened by his passing, but are also
grateful
that he didn't linger and suffer.  I want you all to know how much  the list
and the contact with each of you meant to him.  He frequently  discussed what
was going on, both on-topic and off, and I recognized many of the  names in
the postings that Bill Barber has been kind enough to forward to  me.

Should you wish to convey sympathy to his family, feel free to use my
mailing address, as I am in frequent contact with his daughter and will make
sure
they receive it:

Mac McCauley
3480 Dry Creek Road
Marietta, GA  30062

Also, since he was a great animal lover, and doted on his two cats to the
extent of silliness, which will probably be hard for some of you to believe,
given his curmudgeonly nature, should you wish to do some sort of memorial in
his honor, I think it would be fitting to donate to any charity of your choice
in your locale which helps cats or other animals.  I'm sure he would be in
favor of that, plus it is neutral politically, and sound ecologically....  :-)

Thank you again for your friendship and companionship to him via the
computer.  It brought much pleasure and entertainment to his life.

Best wishes, and good pictures.....
Mac