[OM] Re: Walt Wayman makes his transition 07/15/07

Subject: [OM] Re: Walt Wayman makes his transition 07/15/07
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:10:13 -0500
I, too, was at polar opposites of Walt on many things, and quite in
agreement on others. It would seem that he took a stand on almost
everything, a trait I most admire. Most of all, I always enjoyed his posts,
even when they caused a marked increase in blood pressure. I don't think
there is a replacement anywhere.

If I recall correctly, he was in his mid to late sixties, a time that most
of us would agree does not make a timely end. On the other hand, I'm sure he
would have, like most of us, prefered an untimely end to being confined to
an institution like both my parents, or in a hospital trussed up like a
Christmas goose. It sounds as if he accepted his end, and took it well.
Better, perhaps, than he did some of his neighbors, more like he did his
ex-wives.

> For those in Oz, the latest issue of Digital Photography' contains an
> extended quote
> from him on the subject of avoiding wedding photography, a statement
> so pithy, sharp and perfect that it needed to be used and stimulated
> the article.
As one who has devoted most of his life to photography as a profession, and
has managed to avoid even a single wedding, I would be most interested in
reading this statement. Perhaps it could be repatriated?

He is missed.

Bill Pearce