[OM] Re: [way OT] Household project advice

Subject: [OM] Re: [way OT] Household project advice
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:58:06 +1000

> Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> The only way I know of to fix this problem is to drill out the wrongly
> positioned existing holes and glue in a short length of dowel to fill
> the hole.  Then redrill for the screws.  Anybody know an easier
> solution?

That would be my first guess, though it's not ideal since you'll be screwing
into the end grain of the dowels.  You can get "plug cutters" which you can use
in a drill to cut your own plugs from similar timber to the door frame - they
would alow you to get the orientation of the grain right and match the hardness
of the timbers better.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com