[OM] Re: Walt Wayman makes his transition 07/15/07

Subject: [OM] Re: Walt Wayman makes his transition 07/15/07
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 23:15:32 +0100
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Walt passed away peacefully this morning.
>
> Good bye, old friend.
>

> Bill Barber

I just got back from the shortest of holidays. We were to be travelling
from Luxembourg, where we have friends, through Germany and Austria to
Italy, thence to return through France.

We had a lovely weekend with our friends in Luxembourg, and were packing
to set off on our journey when my wife checked her text messages. As
instructed, she called her closest friend, to discover that her husband
had died of a suspected heart attack, at the age of 45.

We immediately set about getting home as fast as we could manage. At one
o'clock Luxembourg time yesterday (16th) I was picking up tickets for a
ferry from Zeebrugge to Hull, last check-in 5.30pm. We raced from
Mondorf-les-Bains to Zeebrugge in a daze, slept not at all on the
crossing, and I drove Hull to Larbert non-stop to be here for Lesley and
her two sons.

And now Walt, too. I had planned to send him a card from some cheesy
tourist destination on our route. I should just have sent the card.

Cheerio, chum.

D.

--
Donald MacDonald BA DipLIS