[OM] Re: [way OT] Household project advice

Subject: [OM] Re: [way OT] Household project advice
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:36:42 -0600
Bill Pearce wrote:
> I missed some of the 8,000 replies to this post, so maybe I misunderstood,
> but...
>
> Did someone suggest Gorilla Glue? Check out the latest issue of Fine
> Woodworking. Gorilla Glue and similar products were outperformed but
> virtually everything but spit.
>
> No one was more surprised than the tester.

Yeah, saw that article.  I was surprised, too.

The glue I favour for the kind of job Chuck's trying to do is a product
from Lee Valley Tools here in Canada called "Cabinetmaker's Glue 2002
GF," discussed on their website here:

      http://tinyurl.com/2o7ecv

There's sufficient discussion of its properties to allow one to find
some reasonable substitutes if you can't actually get the Lee Valley
stuff.  I think Titebond III is an excellent substitute, and it's
available at big chain stores like Home Depot etc. in the States, as
well as places like Rona here in Canada.  A lot of smaller hardware
stores carry it as well.

Garth