[OM] Re: [way OT] Household project advice

Subject: [OM] Re: [way OT] Household project advice
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:15:47 -0700
Ouch! I cringe when I see people use soap on screws. If a proper counter
sink is used a lubricant is rarely if ever necessary except on the
largest lags. Soap contains moisture, grease, and who knows what else.
Best kept away from both metal and wood and surely from the combination
of the two.  If and when a lube is really required try ski wax. In these
days of impact drivers I use electricity as a lube. :>)

mike