[OM] Re: Walt Wayman?

Subject: [OM] Re: Walt Wayman?
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 07:54:14 -0500
Olaf Greve wrote:
> Hi Charles,
>
> I've been rather out of touch with the OM list lately (baby about to be
> born, so virtually no time for the list stuff), but can you tell me what the
> e-mails about a Walt Wayman tribute are about???
> I surely hope the subject doesn't imply what I fear it does?

Sadly, it does.  Walt left us on the 15th.  Here's a post from Bill:

"This is the person with whom I've been in contact.  Please feel free  to
contact him and Walt's family through him.  Bill Barber

Hello to the OM list.....

My name is Mac McCauley, and I was Walt Wayman's best friend for over 20
years.  His family and I are very saddened by his passing, but are also
  grateful
that he didn't linger and suffer.  I want you all to know how much  the
list
and the contact with each of you meant to him.  He frequently  discussed
what
was going on, both on-topic and off, and I recognized many of the  names in
the postings that Bill Barber has been kind enough to forward to  me.

Should you wish to convey sympathy to his family, feel free to use my
mailing address, as I am in frequent contact with his daughter and will
make  sure
they receive it:

Mac McCauley
3480 Dry Creek Road
Marietta, GA  30062

Also, since he was a great animal lover, and doted on his two cats to the
extent of silliness, which will probably be hard for some of you to
believe,
given his curmudgeonly nature, should you wish to do some sort of
memorial in
his honor, I think it would be fitting to donate to any charity of your
choice
in your locale which helps cats or other animals.  I'm sure he would be in
favor of that, plus it is neutral politically, and sound
ecologically....   :-)

Thank you again for your friendship and companionship to him via the
computer.  It brought much pleasure and entertainment to his life.

Best wishes, and good pictures.....
Mac"

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon