[OM] Re: OT. retirement

Subject: [OM] Re: OT. retirement
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 02:39:00 -0700
Marc Lawrence wrote:
>> geebee wrote:
>> Working people frequently ask retired people what do they do
>> all day to make their days interesting....
>>

> It seems every 12 months or so I come across this, or it gets
> sent to me. It makes me laugh every time (mostly because it
> sounds exactly like something my retired, ex-button-down-RAAFie
> Dad would have done). Thanks for the Sunday morning giggles,
> Graham.

A word from the other group, those of us retirees who can't imagine how
we ever found time to work.

Some of us have more than enough to do without intentionally bringing
down trouble on strangers.

In a country with serious un and underemployment, is think it possible
that the Traffic Warden is just some poor sod trying to make ends meet,
perhaps even feed, clothe and house others? Most likely not a job he
would choose, more likely just what he could get, probably hates it. I
suppose he might be better off on the dole, though.  Could end up there,
too, as a result of a citizen complaint and his fialure to ascertain
whether you were responsible for the car. Perhaps he won't need to
"..try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired.: as he may
not get the chance.

Oddly enough, there will just be another to replace him, because he's
not really the one making the laws or enforcing them. That would appear
to be someone higher up. Going to egg some local authority cars, boys?
Maybe TP their yards, make crank calls at night? That will do no more
good, but less harm, to completely innocent others than what you are
bragging about.

Rates a bit high, you say? I'm sure the time and expense of sorting this
little mess out won't affect them.

And how about the driver of the car? Sure, it will all be straightened
out when officer meets driver, but how much time trouble and expense
will you have added to the joys of his or her life.

Good Work. Keep spreading the sunshine.

Moose