[OM] Re: Split Image Focus Screen for E-1 available next Tuesday - Exper

Subject: [OM] Re: Split Image Focus Screen for E-1 available next Tuesday - Experiences?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 21:10:03 +0100
I didn't reply immediately, Paul, because mine had not arrived. It isn't
from the same seller, but might be the same product - 320139478405 on the
auction site.

It arrived yesterday, and here are first impressions.

First, you get what you pay for - s screen in a plastic box.  No
documentation whatever, no tab on the screen, so you have to know how to
change screens, and which way is up!

Second - it's a whole lot better to focus MF lenses with this screen, not
just because of the split image with microprism collar, but also because the
screen is brighter.  And if you use a ZD lens, the In-focus detector works
(and the good news it is consistent with manual focusing)

Third, keeping in mind that the screen is brighter, I found I had to set at
least -0.7EV exposure correction.  Initial results seem to indicate that the
correction required varies with the aperture chosen (and possibly also
varying with the particular OM lens too).  I have so far only had a chance
to try two OM lenses - 50/1.2 and 100/2.8.  No prixes for guessing which is
easiest to focus.

Summary - good value for the price (less than USD25), but it's still early
days.

--
Piers