[OM] Re: pictures of people

Subject: [OM] Re: pictures of people
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 17:26:16 -0300

>I didn't mind the feet being cut off (probably because I do it all the
> time myself) but I thought that the first shot with girl on one side and
> fire on the other just wasn't wide enough.  Both girl and fire are cut
> off.  It looks like the lens wasn't wide enough and you were attempting
> to get both girl and fire in the image to tell a story.  However, I note
> that the lens wasn't at its widest setting so it could have gone wider.
>  Is the framing perhaps from using the optical viewfinder rather than
> the screen?
>
> Chuck Norcutt

Chuck,
Here is more of that fireplace.
http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/3190292#175804450
I didn't want to go further behind the girl, as the window was too bright.
These historic homes are quite dark inside, so it is hard to get the
lighting right. But yes, I could have included more fireplace to tell a
better story.
I took about 230 pictures in the 2 & 1/2 hours that we walked around the
place, and the one of the girl by the fireplace was about the only one I
liked very much. That is above average for me for "keepers" :-)
Wayne