[OM] Re: Anarchy [was: Re: #232]

Subject: [OM] Re: Anarchy [was: Re: #232]
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 07:42:06 +1000
If I were foolish enough to develop a socio-political analysis of the
camera market, I'd argue that the more destabilised the market, the
more likely it would be for people to make a 'safe' choice like Canon
on the grounds that they are least likely to go belly-up and so more
able to provide future support. After all, we wouldn't want to be
caught holding an expensive, orphaned system now would we? Thus it is
in the interests of the big two to take actually measures that will
actually destabilise the position and then to reap the whirlwind.
Of course, we all make such rational choices, right?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx