[OM] Re: Anarchy [was: Re: #232]

Subject: [OM] Re: Anarchy [was: Re: #232]
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:33:12 +0100
Luvely to see some interesting readings in this list..
and even more luvely that I don't see any distactions of discouragement yet...
is this a sign of early maturity? :-p

By the way, does anyone know an example of someone trying to live
outside the State, (I mean the modern centalised western institution),
and having surived? Or just any examples of someone trying to do that?

I remember seeing a documentary once, probably in the english TV but
don't remember details, about someone buying land -somewhere far away
from main cities- and trying to establish its own commune (it must
have been some time between 17th to 19th century I guess), possibly
here in Britain, and of course, he and his followers were soon
'exterminated' by the new, at that time, legitimate forces of
government and violence.

Any clues about this story?

Christos Stavrou Photography
www.christosstavrou.com