[OM] Re: e-510

Subject: [OM] Re: e-510
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:07:56 -0700
On 7/23/07, Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 23/07/07, Piers Hemy <piers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Do you really need articulating LCD screen, bigger VF image, potentially
> > faster AF (with new lenses) and wireless flash control in a splash proof
> > body - which is what the new body seems to offer above the E-510?
>
> I don't *need* all those things, but apart from the wireless flash
> control, I'd like to have them. I'd also like the second control-wheel
> on the grip.  So I'm waiting to see what comes next.  If it's not as
> good as hoped, or too expensive for me, I'll probably snap up an
> E-330+14-45.  In fact, I'm quite tempted to do that & put my E-300 and
> the new 14-45 on Ebay and see how big a subsidy it generates, then
> keep the 330 as a second body for what comes next.

**

Holding down the exposure compensation button while turning the
thumbwheel on the E410 is almost as easy as two thumbwheels.

I'm very happy  with the feel of the E410 (vs. E1) but I use a tripod
most of the time so I'm probably less critical.  I love the small size
though ... much like an OM.

Even a non-articulating live view screen is quite helpful. The viewing
angle is quite wide.

The E-410 appears to focus faster than the E-1. I don't know how the
other models compare.

I miss the CF/SF/MF switch on the E-1. Probably I can learn to use the
AF lock to do almost as much.

YMMV. Good luck sorting it out.

-jeff