[OM] Re: e-510

Subject: [OM] Re: e-510
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 04:53:19 +0800
Even if it comes with 11.3472MP, would it mean very much other than obvious
academic fodder? Is the sum of the parts that make up a digital camera
firmly centred on pixel count alone? What about the pipeline architecture of
the sensor? What about the colour array system? How about the very intrinsic
nature of how the photo sites are designed including and especially the
microlens assembly? I can go on.

The whole numbers game is precisely what every camera manufacturer -
particularly THOSE who are guilty of hyping it all up (no names need to be
given) - loves to up it all the time. And why? Because we're all pandering
for it. And they love it? Why again? Because it means we all park our money
with them. And the more I look at it, the worse it gets. The truth really
needs to be told.

Walt should be here for this.

K.