[OM] Re: E510 (more questions)

Subject: [OM] Re: E510 (more questions)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:04:26 -0400
Don't know the answers to your specific questions but I've been looking
to major brand battery manufacturers to get safe and reliable lithium
ion batteries at a reasonable price.  I have Maxell for the Mynolta A1
and an Energizer for the Canyon.  Both were priced in the $20-22 range
or about 1/2 the OEM asking price.  I don't know if either of them makes
a BLM-1 clone yet.  I bought both on-line, the Maxell at J&R Music World
and the Energizer at Target.

A quick check the other day showed they were no longer available at
those sellers and I was only able to find the Energizer at Amazon.  I
also discovered that its best to search for these by going first to the
manufacturer's web site to see if they make what you're looking for and
to get their own stock number for the equivalent battery you're after.
Then search on their own stock number.  Although Target used to sell the
Energizer ER-C590 it was only ever listed as a Canyon camcorder battery
and with Energizer's stock number.  There was no mention of it being a
Canyon BP-511 equivalent or that it was used in Canyon DSLR's.

I have bought a couple of OM to Canyon adapters from seller
"jinfinance".  He's honest, very easy to deal with, ships quickly and
gives good email communication.  His adapters appear to be basically the
same as everyone else is selling.  The ones I have from him fit the
camera flange like a glove but the lens flange side is very tight on
some lenses.  Some non-Oly lenses (like my 90/2.5 Vivitar Series 1)
won't fit at all.  I have a much older and different looking OM to
Canyon adapter from another seller no longer doing business.  That one
fits all my lenses like a glove.  I wish I could buy a few more like that.

Chuck Norcutt