[OM] Re: Anarchy [was: Re: #232]

Subject: [OM] Re: Anarchy [was: Re: #232]
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:23:23 +1000
I get a very bad 'feel' from his web site.
He lost me when he started with the God stuff.
And a lot of it is rambling, self-serving and disconnected.
I get the feeling of someone slightly deranged to be honest.
Not exactly a clear thinker and someone who thinks he has found a
loophole in law and is using it to feed a paranoid hatred of government.
Much of the stuff he is insisting on refers to medieval society -
common law is dynamic. It's moved on somewhat from that.
Unless you are going to insist on feeding your pigs on the common land?
Magna Carta was drawn up by people with a VERY different agenda and
didn't include the rights of poor serfs like ourselves, it was merely
an instrument to bind the monarchy, for the benefit of the
aristocracy. Fortunately, the principles were extendable but that was
never the original intention. A demand to return to ancient
principles opens a can of contingent worms. I suspect that feudalism
wouldn't suit most of us.
Oh, and it seems that Canada has also surrendered to other American
ideas, such as a deep distrust of government and all it's offices.
Government of and by the people? Then if you distrust your
government, you distrust yourself.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx