[OM] Re: e-510

Subject: [OM] Re: e-510
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 20:53:56 -0700
Bob Whitmire wrote:
> I really like the E-510. But it's not an E-1, build-wise. I will
> probably spring immediately for the E-thing when it comes out, unless
> I decide to lose my mind and get one of those Canon 1Ds MK iii's once
> they teach them to focus properly. <g>

You've let Canyon's idiotic naming scheme trip you up.

1D MkIII is new, and has reports of focusing troubles in continuous
focus, rapid shooting, at least. This is the 1.3x factor, modest 10 mp,
but 10 fps shooter for the sports and such crowd. Canyon has announced,
but not yet actually released, a firmware upgrade.

You could fill a card with identical pics of the lighthouse right quick.
Unless it starts dancing, then you have the exclusive. ;-)

1Ds MK III does not yet exist. Rumored to be 20-22 mp, up from 16.6, FF
4fps.

One little "s" makes a big difference.

Moose