[OM] Re: Not the best start to my holiday

Subject: [OM] Re: Not the best start to my holiday
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 08:39:12 +1000
Ah yes - horse flies. Around here we call them March flies. Of course
we know exactly what bit us because, when they're frisky, they get
you in a headlock, hurl you to the ground and puncture you right
though light summer clothing with something like a sharpened
downpipe. And you don't have to go into the shrubbery to find them -
they're quite happy to come looking for you.
One trick is to avoid light coloured clothing - they'll home in on
light and bright colours, which is why park rangers wear dull greens
and browns. (Don't tell me that you thought that was for camouflage!)
And pain relief should be sought with a much heavier red than a
Barossa Shiraz - tsk.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx