[OM] Re: Suggestions in the Banff/Jasper area

Subject: [OM] Re: Suggestions in the Banff/Jasper area
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:05:24 +0200
Bill Barber wrote:

-----

Any suggestions out there for this first trip to the Banff/Jasper area.

-----

Well, maybe coming from a strange source, may I also suggest visiting
the Vermillion lakes near Banff. At windstill days the reflecion of the
mountains behind the lakes (especially mount Rundle) in the dark water
is just esquisite. Another nice site very close to the highway is Castle
mountain behind Bow River. Athabasca falls and natural bridge are a
don't miss also. If you like golf you'll probably love the scenery of
the Banff golff course.

I had my holiday in Canada in 1991 and still consider it the most
amazing holiday I have aver had. Not only because of the 6 week
duration, but also because of everfything special and natural I have
seen there. Next time I would not make the drive from Victoria B.C. to
Winnipeg and back by camper but would definitely take more time for the
rockies. A day of horseback riding comes to mind. And a day of rafting
or canoeing. And another day or two hiking some trail. But as long as
you are there between Banff and Jasper, there is nothing that isn't
worth stopping viewing and photographing.

Don't worry, be happy, I'm sure you will enjoy.

You'll hate not having visited earlier and possible not being able to
visit again as soon as you would like.

Kind regards,

Wiliam, who is thinking of Canada right now sitting in the Netherlands.