[OM] Re: [OT] Pantone huey Monitor Calibration Software

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Pantone huey Monitor Calibration Software
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 09:30:47 +1000
My cousin has been testing some of these of late. He lent me the
basic Spyder Express outfit which I found quite easy and effective on
my Mac Cinema display - just make sure that you're screen saver
doesn't come on during the process. I went to the toilet while it was
doing it's thing the first time I tried and when I came back,
everything had gone to extreme yellow!
I haven't seen the Huey in action (except in old Vietnam films) but I
would have thought that the fact that the Spyder sits on the screen
and uses a set of sensors with a baffle should give better results.
The basic Spyder costs less than US$100 I think, about AU$150 - yes I
know that's not a true exchange rate, it's the IRER (pronounced
'error') or International Retail Exchange Rate where they double the
US price, add tax and then refuse to discount. Thank the non-existant
higher power for ebay.
I'll ask Mark what he thinks is the best value at the weekend when I
see him.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx