[OM] Re: Clouds

Subject: [OM] Re: Clouds
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 16:59:03 -0400
Well, the first thing I do is try to figure out what lens I'm most
likely to want before I get out of the car. This works about 50
percent of the time. That day at Pemaquid, for example (2nd shot), I
knew I'd be using the 14-54, and would be most unlikely to use the
50-200. That time, I was right. But, if I'm out in the wind and spray
and I just have to change lenses, I worry about it for a few minutes,
then decide "it's a tool, damnit!" and I change, sheltering the
opening as best I can. For the most part the wind direction is pretty
constant, and if I use my not inconsiderable bulk as a wind break,
things seem to work pretty well. I always have the hoods on, and I
find myself cleaning the salty crud off fairly frequently. Lately,
I've been shooting without filters, but if it's a nasty day, I screw
a filter on and figure I'd rather muck up a $70 filter than a $700
lens. So far, I guess I've just been lucky. Been shooting with that
E-1 for three years and never cleaned the sensor. Either I'm blessed
by the camera gods, or Olympus figured out how to do it right the
first time. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com