[OM] Re: [OT] Pantone huey + First Monitor Impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Pantone huey + First Monitor Impressions
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 11:48:34 +0800
Change of contrast due to viewing angle happen to all LCDs I have used.

- Samsung SyncMaster 205bw, I clearly see contrast different by up/down the
eyes around 1.5 inches but much less problem on left/right side.

- EIZO 17" L568, problem with left/right side, much less on vertical, to me
a better monitor for photo works as sitting on the chair you always center
your horizontal position but not vertical.

- Sharp 37" LCD, problem with left/right side, much less on vertical.

- 19" Topcon LCD I have has problem in vertical position like Samsung.

- my office 17" Dell have the same vertical problem.

- If I won a lottery I will buy the EIZO ColorEdge, I believe the problem
may be less but I don't think it will free from this problem.

The solution may be using a super size LCD and view from a distant then the
change of contrast due to head movement or image position on the screen
change will be reduced.

C.H.Ling