[OM] PhotoShop lens correction question

Subject: [OM] PhotoShop lens correction question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 18:22:29 -0400
I downloaded AG's new B&W beauty <http://image66.blogspot.com/> (the one
with all the block, bricks and staircase) because it looked a tiny bit
out of kilter and I couldn't decide if it was tilted, perspective or
lens distortion or all of the above.  I wanted to see what was necessary
to correct it.

I loaded it into PhotoShop CS3 to try using filter -> distortion -> lens
correction for the very first time and was a bit startled to find that
the "lens correction" option was grayed out.  I loaded a different
(color) JPEG image and then lens correction was available.  I tried
turning the color image to B&W but that had no effect.  Lens correction
was still available.  Then I thought maybe there was an association
bewteen EXIF and no EXIF data.  So I loaded some old film based scanner
images and lens correction works there too.

What's peculiar about AG's image?  Why doesn't lens correction want to
work on it?

Chuck Norcutt