[OM] Re: [OT] Pantone huey + First Monitor Impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Pantone huey + First Monitor Impressions
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 08:13:01 +0800
Checking with some reviews, it looks like the 226bw is better in image
quality although the reviews do not specially check about contrast change.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/displays/review/2007/03/09/Samsung-SyncMaster-226BW/p1

http://www.trustedreviews.com/displays/review/2006/08/03/Samsung-SyncMaster-205BW-Widescreen-Monitor/p1

A slightly more scientific method is to measure the LCD brightness, I don't
have a spot meter so I can only use my OM4. I set a grey screen (just use PS
background color), measure the light intensity on top of the screen and tile
down the camera to measure the bottom brightness, the different is around
1/2 stops. A good spot meter will give a more accurate result.

C.H.Ling