[OM] Re: PhotoShop lens correction question

Subject: [OM] Re: PhotoShop lens correction question
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 19:36:05 -0500
On 8/4/07, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oh darn, I was going to restrain myself and leave that one alone.....
> > because it looked a tiny bit out of kilter and I couldn't decide if it was
> > tilted, perspective or lens distortion or all of the above.  I wanted to
> > see what was necessary to correct it.
> >
> Sort of perspective. Select All=>Edit=>Transform=>Distort and pull the
> upper right corner up to the right. When doing this, you can turn on a
> grid to guide with CTRL-". I have it set for a fairly large grid.
> http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/AG/Retina.htm

Perhaps I am just feeling perverse, but it doesn't "correct" it IMO.
It makes it look unreal, like it was drawn without perspective in
relation to the viewpoint.  Good Photoshopping though (and I'm
guessing would look fine to anyone who hadn't seen the original).

So can something be "perfect" and not "correct"?

Joel W.