[OM] Re: PhotoShop lens correction question

Subject: [OM] Re: PhotoShop lens correction question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 00:46:59 -0700
Joel Wilcox wrote:
> On 8/4/07, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Oh darn, I was going to restrain myself and leave that one alone.....
>>
>>> because it looked a tiny bit out of kilter and I couldn't decide if it was
>>> tilted, perspective or lens distortion or all of the above.  I wanted to
>>> see what was necessary to correct it.
>>>

>> Sort of perspective. Select All=>Edit=>Transform=>Distort and pull the
>> upper right corner up to the right. When doing this, you can turn on a
>> grid to guide with CTRL-". I have it set for a fairly large grid.
>> http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/AG/Retina.htm
>>

> Perhaps I am just feeling perverse, but it doesn't "correct" it IMO.
> It makes it look unreal, like it was drawn without perspective in
> relation to the viewpoint.  Good Photoshopping though (and I'm
> guessing would look fine to anyone who hadn't seen the original)
I agree with you. When I said "I was going to restrain myself and leave
that one alone....", I was referring only to the urge to play with tone
and texture. Old buildings, I'd have left the perspective. I only played
with the non-linearity in answer to Chuck's question about what kind it was.
> So can something be "perfect" and not "correct"?

Why you, of course, and most of the rest of us. :-)

Moose