[OM] Re: #246

Subject: [OM] Re: #246
From: "Marc Lawrence" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 10:03:59 +1000
> Chris Barker wrote:
> That's a deceptive image, Graham.  At first glance it held no
> interest for me, but I looked at it for a few more moments and I
> realised that it had depth and composition....

I actually have this reaction to many of Graham's photos. Initially,
they don't interest me much at all, but giving them some proper,
reasonable contemplation suddenly expands my interest in their
different elements significantly.

For me, I suspect it is seeing so many photos on the web that hit
the "WOW!" button, full of saturation, contrasts, drama, energy,
etc. (which I then might lose interest in fairly quickly), versus
Graham's photos, which slowly sneak up on you like the tide and
then maintain that interest.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz