[OM] 50F/2 Macro - Brillian, and I've found a new use for a monopod

Subject: [OM] 50F/2 Macro - Brillian, and I've found a new use for a monopod
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 22:09:44 +0100
Went to Symond's Yat on Saturday, to watch some friends go climbing.
Took my new E-330 and even newer DZ 50F/2 Macro with me.  You can
probably guess which shots were taken with that.  14-54 and 40-150 for
the rest.

I didn't fancy hanging over the edge to take shots of climbers coming
up, so I devised the following technique:  Camera on monopod, live
view A-mode, C-AF, 12s timer.  Screen tilted fully down and hold the
camera out over the edge using the monopod.  Seems to have worked
quite well.  Now if only they'd put a cable release socket on it.

<http://www.ian955.fotopic.net/c1342280.html>

The shot with the spider was lit by flash, bounced off a white card,
hence f/11 was possible.  It's really rather sharp, isn't it?  I like
this lens (currently £339 inc. from Bristol Cameras, btw).