[OM] Re: Display clipping in PS [was Maine Clouds - 2]

Subject: [OM] Re: Display clipping in PS [was Maine Clouds - 2]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 18:08:34 -0700
Further, and to show what I did to Jez's clouds and the need for
headroom for LCE, here's a set of sample images that use this new Action
to show how LCE alone (USM, A 20%,R 50, T 0) can cause highlight
clipping. Lowering Brightness and Contrast leaves room for LCE without
highlight clipping. Midtones may be lifted later, if desired, as the
examples show.

This is particularly important with shots like this where highlight
tonal detail is important. If you look at the histograms, you will see
that i intentionally let the shadows clip a bit because of the nature of
the image and the results I wanted.

http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Process/JezClouds/Cloudsh.htm