[OM] Re: Digital Black and White

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital Black and White
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 21:08:12 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:
> In true retrogrouch form, I point you to my blog tonight where I have
> a fresh B&W photograph taken with the Olympus Odyssey OM-1.
>
> http://image66.blogspot.com

Lovely image. Since you mention my possible disagreement(s) with you, I
thought I'd show what a tiny bit I would change in this image, possibly
less than differences in monitor calibration.

http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/AG/Tama-om-23web.htm

Sorry, no Moose assisted crucifiction. I agree that it's all about the
subject. I'm just pleased that I now have tools to get closer to what I
saw in the subject than I had before.

I also agree with the back to basics thing. The OM with film in it at
the moment is an OM-1. The more I use a DSLR, the more I prefer an OM-1
to an OM-4 when using to film. I guess I need to get an Olympus Six
going, but thats expensive, as it means buying an MF scanner. :-)

Moose