[OM] Re: Digital Black and White

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital Black and White
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 00:31:05 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Maybe not.  How about your Epson flatbed?
As yet unpurchased. That's the expense, $500 for a V700. I only have an
older, inexpensive Canyon flatbed that will do a couple of 35 mm frames,
not MF.
> I think the only limitation of the flatbed relative to a dedicated film
> scanner is dynamic range, especially with MF film where you won't need super
> high resolution.  So, can't you do two or three different exposure scans on
> the flatbed and combine them in PS to get extended dynamic range?

Dynamic range shouldn't be a problem. I'd probably be using color neg
film, which has lower contrast in the film than B&W or reversal film.
Also, I suppose VueScan's multipass option would work, if I needed it.

Moose