[OM] Re: Anybody using Geniune Fractals?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anybody using Geniune Fractals?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 18:45:17 -0700
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
> OK, I know some in Zuikoland are using this program.  So . . .

I have never used it, so I can't answer your specific questions. I can
ask a question and propose an alternate depending on your answer.

For what purpose do you intend to use it? If it is for up-sampling for
printing, I suggest you seriously consider Qimage. I think it is just magic.

I was helping a friend with a project which involved images gathered
from the web. Most were just way too low rez for his purposes, I tried
up-sampling them with PS, with FM's SI, by letting the printer driver do
it. All were just awful.

I downloaded the demo version of Qimage and was simply astounded at what
it did, somehow creating bigger, much better looking prints than the
other methods. I went ahead and bought it.

You don't up-sample, then print the altered image, you just tell Qimage
how big you want it to print the existing image and what printer you are
using and let it do its thing. It is not as simple and intuitive as one
might hope for, but that's pretty hard when something can do a lot.
Nowhere near the learning curve of PS, though. and the defaults are good.

For more info and a test image you can download and print on your own
printer. http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/quality/

Moose