[OM] Re: HDR? [was] Digital Black and White

Subject: [OM] Re: HDR? [was] Digital Black and White
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 22:33:13 -0400
You may be quite right.  I just went back to some work I did about a
year ago trying to make some HDR type images from  5-7 raw images shot
about 1 stop apart.  This is long before I had ACR and everything was
done with multiple layers and masks trying to pick the best parts of
multiple images.

I just now picked the one with the widest dynamic range (one side of
room rather dark with brilliant afternoon sun streaming through the
window at the other end of the room).  Running just the single exposure
middle image through ACR I produced in less than a minute or two
something quite a bit better than trying to combine all that other stuff
manually.  That's not exactly the same as what you're saying but with
all those other exposures I had more material to work with than simply
trying to pull three separate exposures out of a single file.

Chuck Norcutt