[OM] Re: Help getting ICC profile installed to print e-1 images

Subject: [OM] Re: Help getting ICC profile installed to print e-1 images
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:40:49 -0600
Moose wrote:

[snip]

> I will try FreeZip! for zipping.

Try "FreeZIP" for ZIPping, not "FreeZIP!".  The one with the exclamation
mark is of the devil (amongst other things, various incarnations of
"FreeZIP!" are kicking around that seem to install malware on your machine).

[snip]

> I'm sure going to miss XTree when I finally can't get it to work under
> some OS. There is just nothing even close to the simplicity and speed
> with which it can do so many useful things. I still am careful to keep
> code and data file names to 8 characters, as it doesn't do long file
> names. The file and directory comparison functions alone are gold.
>
> They did a windoze version, but it wasn't as good. I haven't bothered to
> install it since W95. :-(

I've actually managed to move on from many of the DOS-based apps I've
used in decades past, and I'm ultimately glad I did.  I have two text
editors now that I really like: UltraEdit by IDM Computer Solutions, and
a really off-the-wall app called "Sudden View" which originally came out
for the Atari ST and has since been re-written by its creator Rod
Coleman of Sudden Incorporated for Windows.  It's almost too weird to
describe, but it feels like you're "painting" with text, rather than
writing.

UltraEdit can be had here:

      http://www.ultraedit.com/

and Sudden View can be had here:

      http://www.sudden.net/

I highly recommend them both.

> Another app with ancient roots that I use regularly is KEdit. Originally
> a DOS emulation of the XEdit editor of  IBM's CMS timeshareing
> environment, their windoze port is just excellent. Like those
> journalists still using PC emulations of their old mainframe editing
> systems, I'm still using "XEdit"
>
> Damn, that just reminded me of Walt.....

No, you just reminded me of Walt.  :-(

Garth