[OM] Re: [OT] The pale general

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] The pale general
From: "Marc Lawrence" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:10:53 +1000
> Winsor Crosby wrote:
> As far as I know Safari is the only browser that recognizes
> profiles.
> One of the reasons it was released in beta for Windows. Adobe blog
> article:
>
> http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2007/06/safari_brings_c.html

I just downloaded the Safari 3 beta for Windows (XP), and have checked it
against a browser colour-profiling test page:

http://www.gballard.net/psd/go_live_page_profile/embeddedJPEGprofiles.html

I can see that, according to the above, yes, Safari is a "colour-managed
browser", whereas the Firefox 2.0 and MS IE7 are not testing that way.

However, Chuck's image:

http://www.chucknorcutt.com/general_lee/img_4401er.htm

appears no different on any of them (Safari, Firefox or IE7).

I don't know enough to know what this means.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz