[OM] Re: The pale general

Subject: [OM] Re: The pale general
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 23:01:13 -0700
> From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> My question is:  What's going on here?  Are the browsers not using my
> custom, colorimeter built ICC profile?

Not many browsers actually pay attention to profiles. Most browsers
assume sRGB. Last I checked, Safari was one of the few that did
render images using their embedded profiles. (I have no doubt that
someone will correct me if this is no longer true.)

Also, are you certain you embedded the profile? Photoshop can "see"
your working profile in the standard places, but of course, someone
on some other computer cannot, unless it is embedded in the image file.

:::: Jesus Saves!...     Passes to Gretsky; Gretsky SCORES! ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::