[OM] Re: Winston Was Wax?

Subject: [OM] Re: Winston Was Wax?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 02:49:04 -0700
Chris Barker wrote:
> I'm afraid he's lost me, Winsor.  I was reading with interest until I
> saw that he was pooh-poohing the self-immolation photo ...

I didn't see him as doing that. Rather, I think he was illustrating a
serious point; using a famous, emotionally powerful image that has
affected many peoples opinions and asking if we can be sure it is real.
And what does it mean if we have reacted to something not real as
thought it were. He has, however not done it as felicitously as might be
desirable with such volatile material.
> ... it's probably his idea of humour.

Did you take a look at his Sunday Sermon? I'm not offended by his
attacks on various things, but I simply find him more tedious than funny
where he thinks he is being humorous. He's a bit heavy handed in both
areas. He could do with more grace and subtlety.

Moose