[OM] Re: The pale general

Subject: [OM] Re: The pale general
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 03:26:37 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> No, there is no flaw in Moose's logic which is impeccable as usual. He
> has solved the problem or at least the source of the problem.

Funny thing, that. I'm more often than not the one who can resolve a
problem posed here using careful logic. Yet I suspect that I believe in
logic and causality less than most here. I believe they only apply to a
relatively small subset of the Universe. Most of it seems to operate on
acausal relationships or connections, something closer to Jung's
definition of synchronicity - another idea honored in the misuse more
often than use in its original definition.

Perhaps my limitation in the use of logic and causality to those areas
where they are appropriate allows me extra rigo(u)r?

Speaking about not "getting" something, I just listened to Wayne Dyer
expound for three hours, including pledge breaks I skipped, on how a
year's study of the Tao Te Ching led him to change his life (for the
better, you understand) and thus how he can now show us how to change
ours. Some good stuff, mostly the direct quotes, but lots of stories and
examples that are in direct contradiction to Lao Tzu's teachings. He
wore all black, though, was barefoot and ran his hands through running
water. I wonder how many people will be doing that to improve spiritually.

Must be time for sleep....

Moose

Tonight's reading list, both very short, and brought to you by the
letter Z and the number 7*:

Jean Bolen's The Tao of Psychology, which isn't what you might think
from the title, but is a more accessible discussion of synchronicity
than Jung's, among other useful things.

Brian Walker's translation of the Hua Hu Ching, like the Tao Te Ching,
attributed to Lao Tzu. Chapter 46 explains everything. If you don't get
it, you have to read everything Ken Wilbur has written, or as far as you
can get before your brain burns out....**

* Which reduce, depending on your training, to a third Master Number,
33, or more commonly to 6, the first step beyond the world of the five
appendages of the human body and five senses of the material world.

** Say...., both Wilbur and Dyer have shaved heads. If you understand
the symbolic meaning of hair, that may be quite significant.