[OM] OT, Suitable backpack for airlines?

Subject: [OM] OT, Suitable backpack for airlines?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:41:35 +0100
I have had a look through the archive and I can't find this
question:  which is the best travel backpack that will fit in the
airline carry-on limit (56 x 45 x 22 cm/22 x 17.7 x 10in)?  I have a
Crumpler backpack which fits those dimension, but it is tapered
towards the top and so wastes some storage.  I plan on taking my E-1,
3 lenses and laptop (13") as well as essential travel gear.  It must
be able to carry stuff for short hikes as well, e.g. water and snacks.

The LowePro Compu Rover looks good, as does the Stealth II backpack ...

Any ideas?

Chris