[OM] [Waaaay OT] Streaks and Rectangles from N*kon

Subject: [OM] [Waaaay OT] Streaks and Rectangles from N*kon
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:23:44 -0700 (PDT)
One of the dudes that works with me just bought a N*kon D200.  He took about a
hundred pictures, powered the camera down, pulled out the SD card and
transfered the pictures to his computer via a card reader.
  He did not delete the pictures on the SD card and after it was inserted back
into the camera, he noticed that the camera monitor shows some flashing streaks
and rectangles in certain areas of the pictures upon review.  The flashing
streaks look like like the one on AC/DC logo...and their thickness is different.
  The manual describes the flashing rectangles as areas of overexposure, but
mentions nothing of the streaks.
  He called tech support and was told that the pictures should be transferred
from the camera via the supplied cable only...advice I found very puzeling
(find the humo(u)r folks).  No one could tell him anything about streaks.  They
asked him to transfer the pictures to his computer again (which he hasnt done
yet) and see the streaks and rectangles would show up when viewing on the
computer monitor.  That would indicate cross contamination of some kind or
other...
  Soooo, if anyone is familiar with those and know where in the submenues one
can turn them off, please send me an email with a detailed explanation in
addition to your bank account #, SSN, address etc.
  Thanks in advance
  Boris

 Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.