[OM] Re: OT, Suitable backpack for airlines?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT, Suitable backpack for airlines?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:08:32 -0700
Think Tank seems to be the hot new bag, especially the Airport
Antidote model which fits in overhead compartments on smaller
regional airplanes as well. It is supposed to carry well. Article here:

http://bythom.com/bags.htm

He also mentions a dry zone Lowe Rover which sounds great. I always
worry about water or a travel liquid leaking from the top into the
camera below.

My last experience of being required to check my carry on because it
weighed more than 10 kilos would make me very wary of a max legal
carry on  bag with everything in it. Fortunately they ignored my Lowe
Slingshot 250. So keeping your photo/computer equipment bag small
enough to qualify as a personal item may be the way to go with a
separate small carry on. I think carry on limits vary a great deal.
The dimensions you give would be too large here where the sum of all
the dimensions have to add up to less than 45 inches. Best to stay as
far under the limit as possible.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA