[OM] Re: OT, Suitable backpack for airlines?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT, Suitable backpack for airlines?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:42:26 -0700
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> Think Tank seems to be the hot new bag, especially the Airport
> Antidote model which fits in overhead compartments on smaller
> regional airplanes as well. It is supposed to carry well. Article here:
>
> http://bythom.com/bags.htm

Nice link, thanks!

I don't know about UK availability/price, but the Canyon 200 backpack is
WAY cheaper than the TT Airport Antidote. $38.83 including shipping from
Amazon.

TTAA: 17 x 11.75 x 7
C200: 15 x 12.2  x 7

They are about the same shape and the C is well made, padded and
flexible layout. According to AG, it isn't really waterproof, although
light rain hasn't penetrated mine.

TTAA's laptop situation looks both better and worse. The slip in bag
looks cool, but how easily does it slip out into someone else's hands?

My modest size laptop fits nicely in the outer section of the C, but one
much larger wouldn't.

Still happy with mine.

Moose