[OM] Re: Winston Was Wax?

Subject: [OM] Re: Winston Was Wax?
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:04:55 +1000
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> My brother had two of them in succession. Very cool dog. As they got
> older they finally opted for a much lower energy lab.

...and, to bring this full circle, I can vouch for their energy
photographically (some even Olympic):

http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery/v/airedale/scn1640.jpg.html

http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery/v/airedale/CRW_6677-01.jpg.html

not to mention their general encouragement of clownishness:

http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery/v/airedale/lumberdog.jpg.html

http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery/v/airedale/abomination.jpg.html

Though our current two are at the lower end of the Airedale energy
scale, others don't seem to always see them that way (I guess we're just
conditioned to it). The last picture above is the late Monty, however,
and even I would not dispute *his* energy - he could have powered a
small city.

Saying this, my Mum had a lab that wasn't short of energy. He even
performed surgery on himself, removing a fist-sized, liver-like, mast
cell tumour from his own back, and went on to live another couple of
years, only dying in recent months. He was Dad's dog, so his loss is
like the passing of that era - sad, but...now complete.

http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery/v/airedale/PC250248.jpg.html

Cheers,
Marc (not good photos, but good for me)
Sydney, Oz