[OM] Re: Zuiko 24/3.5 Shift - Suspicious auction

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 24/3.5 Shift - Suspicious auction
From: plummerl@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:33:24 +0000
In a message dated 8/17/2007 7:16:15 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Any  comment on this one ?
>
> Item 160148476769
>
> Zero f/b, strange  conditions.
>

> My guess, and that is all it is, is that the seller already has a buyer and
> either one or the other wants to use eBay as the venue for the  transaction.
> Bill Barber

Bill, this is your standard, hijacked account auction.  It is very common for
high priced items (Leica in particular).  The tell-tale sign (always) is the
"don't bid, contact me at my GMAIL account" message.  Usually, if you look at
the other items, there will be hundreds (sometimes thousands) of  sometimes
unrelated items, all with a very low price, but always with a buy it now,
outside of normal channels.  The other clue (as in this case) is the
miscategorized item (note that it is under Music/CDs).

I just use the fraud reporting link to report it and it is usually gone within
a few hours.

larry